Tuesday 4 November 2014

November TBR & Book Haul

Sooooooo... It's November and I am almost done with exams which is awesome on the one hand but on the other..Not so much. Looking back now at October and what I had accomplished all I can do is bow my head in shame and ask that you don't judge me.I knew that I wasn't going to have much time for reading in October but I didn't think that I'd only be able to read one measly book out of my four book TBR pile but yeah that happened..


This is so annoying because not only have I only read one book in October (Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas) but I haven't written a single word for Nanowrimo except for my very vague plot outline and I have no idea how I'm going to reach the 50 000 word mark now. Needless to say October was a huge fail but I plan on making up for it in November to some extent with at least 4 book reviews :) (I'm still planning on doing Nano so it can't be more than that) so yeah!

For this Month I am planning on reading the following 4 books however, this might change since I'll be receiving a few bookish surprises from Pan Macmillan this month and I might just replace some of those with one of these. YAY! someone just cross your fingers and pray that I'll get to everything pretty please!

 Haha anywhoooo, on to the November TBR list / Bookhaul:


1. It's Patrick Ness, yeah!!!

What's it about?

A boy drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments. He dies.

Then he wakes, naked and bruised and thirsty, but alive.

How can this be? And what is this strange deserted place?

As he struggles to understand what is happening, the boy dares to hope. Might this not be the end? Might there be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife?

Uhm yes please! If you don't already know this I am a huge Patrick Ness fan! I literally can not find one bad thing to say about this man's writing, he tells the best stories and does it in a way that makes it seem effortless. Sigh, this is a November purchase, I saw this and I honestly just had to.

2. It's Erin Morgenstern!!


What's it about?

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night. 

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance

I'm not going to lie, This was as much of a cover buy as it was based on the hype surrounding this book. I mean come on where there's fan art there's almost always magic!
                                          
                                                   
3. It's Samantha Shannon


What's It about?
It is the year 2059. Several major world cities are under the control of a security force called Scion. Paige Mahoney works in the criminal underworld of Scion London, part of a secret cell known as the Seven Seals. The work she does is unusual: scouting for information by breaking into others’ minds. Paige is a dreamwalker, a rare kind of clairvoyant, and in this world, the voyants commit treason simply by breathing.

But when Paige is captured and arrested, she encounters a power more sinister even than Scion. The voyant prison is a separate city—Oxford, erased from the map two centuries ago and now controlled by a powerful, otherworldly race. These creatures, the Rephaim, value the voyants highly—as soldiers in their army.

Paige is assigned to a Rephaite keeper, Warden, who will be in charge of her care and training. He is her master. Her natural enemy. But if she wants to regain her freedom, Paige will have to learn something of his mind and his own mysterious motives.
Okay, so I've been getting really mixed reviews on this one which is strange since Samantha Shannon has been unofficially dubbed the new J.K Rowling. Those are some huge shoes to fill and I do not envy anyone in that position! And yes I know the title is only due to the fact that she booked a 7 book series deal with Bloomsburry Publishing who offered this deal to Rowling back in the day for her Harry Potter series. I just have to read this one for myself. Good thing I got it at a bargain price:) Score!

4. Yes, It's Maggie again or should I say still?(hides)


What's It About?
“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

I know this has been in my side bar as 'currently reading' for most of the month. It's awful but, I haven't made a dent in this one. I won't let it happen this month though! So expect a review up ASAP:)

Those are my book picks for this TBR month and my delicious book haul! I am so excited to be getting to them as soon as my exams finish on the 7th of November! At least you can't say I don't have my priorities in order right, right?Ha! Here's to hoping that November is as productive as I plan on making it:D. Let me know in the comments down below if you have read any of these and which one was your favorite? What's on your TBR pile for November and will you be getting to them?haha let's discuss .. 

P.S. : As an apology for my negligence last month here's an adorable corgi puppy swimming






  



2 comments:

  1. Oo. Cute blog!

    I also miserably failed my October TBR list, but hey! Onward! November is a new month. I'm doing NaNoWriMo, too! I cheated a little, though, cause I began w/ 4,000 words already written. Hehe.

    More Than This is soooo good. I bawled. & The Night Circus is whimsical and fun.

    I need to read The Bone Season and The Raven Boys, too!

    Great haul/TBR list. Excited to hear your thoughts on the books :)

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much! I'm glad that you like all the pink haha and I'm so happy to hear that I am not alone. October was a huge no no for me (hides).

    Haha cheating on Nano is kind of a secret institution in a way because keeping yourself from starting your story is really hard! I know I wanted to start as soon as the idea came to me but alas time is so not on my side! We should Buddy up! keep in mind that I have a total word count of zero at the moment sigh. My nano name is Zoewrites :)

    I'm so happy to hear that you liked More than this! It's my first read so I'm excitedd to be traumatized lol I watched Regan's channel on youtube the peruseproject and saw that she was very impressed with the bone season and that she hauled The Raven Boys too for this month so I'm amped to start them both!

    I can't wait to share my thoughts and I'll definitely be checking out your Blog. I mean Books Are Bread? So Accurate!haha:)


    Have an awesome day!

    Im

    ReplyDelete