Thursday 18 September 2014

The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo: A Short Story

Hey everyone! So I read this short story a while ago and I was absolutely blown away by Leigh's ability to create such an amazing story in just a few pages. For those of you who do not know this Leigh Bardugo is the author of the bestselling Grisha Trilogy which is a fantasy story following a girl named Alina Starkov as she is thrown into a magical world set in Russia where monsters and magic exists. This short story is set in the same world but it has nothing to do with the plot of the trilogy thus it can be enjoyed by anyone! Leigh Bardugo became one of my favorites authors after I read her first novel Shadow and Bone and she has not disappointed me yet! Unfortunately my next post will only be available on Sunday due to a lack of available creative time this week but in the mean time I just wanted to leave you with this:) You can thank me later and if you want to read more short stories by Leigh just comment down below and i'll post the links to the rest of them as requested :P read The Witch of Duva here

"There was a time when the woods near Duva ate girls…or so the story goes. But it’s just possible that the danger may be a little bit closer to home."
The Witch of Duva: A Ravkan Folk Tale

No comments:

Post a Comment